Well the historic flooding of Cap Haitian canceled the November 8th court date for F's family.
So we continue to wait.
In a recent email told us that the judge has asked a group of doctors to produce a report about the health of F's bio mom . This step was not known up to this point as needing to be done for us to exit. In this same email it is stated...this is a step we’re waiting on after the family court, which went fine.'
As we received no word on a new court date, we've asked for conformation that F's family did appear in court and signed.
F continues to enjoy and do well in school. Due to his starting later than the rest of the class he is receiving some one-on-one time during the day.
F's current foster family will be moving back to the USA around Christmas. For a while the house will be supervised by the Haitian nannies who have lived and worked with the children since they moved into the house. We are thankful for this constant influence in F's life. A couple who lives in another foster house will also help with supervision checking with the nannies throughout the day.
We handed off his Christmas gifts to teachers at his school during the Thanksgiving celebration.
While we look forward to celebrating the holidays with family, our hearts ache, as we know that one will be missing. He will not see the new stocking with his name on it, hanging in line with the rest of the family.
We continue to pray that the Lord would allow the new document to be signed in the courts if not already done; for the new report by the doctors to be done correctly and before the holidays; the paperwork to be accepted by IBESR; and to exit before Christmas. We know that He can make it happen, if it is in His will.
Praying for children around the world who need families and for the families who wait to be complete. Lord protect each one, comfort them, show them Your love during the holidays.