A report yesterday stated that in March the IBESR plans to meet with crèches for 3 days in March and until that time will not be referring children for matching or scheduling birth parent interviews.
Know some people now marking the 1 year mark in IBESR waiting to match.
Praying for patience. Praying for the mountains of paperwork to move!!
Praising the Lord for protection and guidance.
We also heard this week that one family who had pre-matched with a non-sibling set were told by IBESR that they can only match with one of the children as non-sibling adoptions will not be allowed in the same process.
We thank the Lord for protecting us from being in a similar situation.
When we started the process we were open to adopting non-siblings and knew that our crèche did not often have sibling sets available to adopt.
Then we looked and asked around for a agency willing to travel to Haiti to perform our home study. During our study while we talked about siblings we did not realize that our approval would be for siblings only.
Because of being open to non-siblings we wrote back asking about this restriction and learned that the agency would not make any exceptions.
Believing that the Lord controls our lives and had led us to this agency we remained at peace that He would either send siblings to the crèche or open a door for us if His plan included non-siblings.
Because of our advancing ages we feel the Lord wants us to get our children at the same time.
We praise Him that we did not travel down that path only to find out that the new procedures would not allow it.
- Praying for the IBESR meeting with the crèches so that referrals and parent interviews can start.
- Praying for the staff to focus on their work despite the Carnival season and holidays.
- Praying for our children and their family.
- Praying that the Lord will continue to prepare us for our children.
- Praying for the time table and needed steps.
- Praying for those stuck and loosing hope.
- Praising the Lord for His guidance, wisdom and protection in situations when we don't even realize the dangers.