How I long for waits measured by only days...not weeks, months, or years.
We continue to wait for news that the judgement papers are finished and on their way to the IBESR office in Port-au-Prince, now more than a month since the family appeared for their court date.
We wait to hear what we need to do before our I-600 fingerprints expire the end of June.
Thankfully when I was reviewing our emails today I noticed that our prints expire on June 29, not the 21st like I thought and wrote in recent blogs/updates. So a bit more time for things to get worked out.
Today was F's last day of school for the year. Please pray for him and the other children as they transition to a different routine for the summer.
Saw today on Facebook someone's exciting post about having 'one more signature' before they get their referral. I pray that their wait is short. I doubt that our family will ever again get excited about 'any day now' or 'soon' in relationship to our adoption...only when we have the facts!
Romans 8:25-28 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Facts from these verses for me:
1. We do hope for what we do not yet have...F home with us.
2. We pray to wait patiently as we cannot do it on our own strength so we need the Lord's strength and patience.
3. The Spirit helps us in our weakness!
4. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself interceds for us through wordless groans. He Himself cares more than words can express for us and F. Wow..hard to understand but encouraging.
5. The Spririt inerceds for God's people [us] in accordance with the will of God.
As much as we want F home and a physcial part of our daily lives we want God's will even more.
6. We do know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.
We love Him. F loves Him.
We don't understand how this wait can be the Lord's will and maybe it is not His will but a spiritual battle.
But we DO know that the Bible is His word and true.
We know that God keeps His word, in His timing, and it will be for our good.
We will continue to stand on His promises while we wait. We will be grateful for His intercession on our family's behalf. We will pray for His will to be done. We will give Him glory and honor in this journey.
[Flower pictures: Pondering how different the same thing can look in different light. I want to see things through His eyes...in His light!]