Some folks marking their adoption journey by many years, started before the law changed on November 15, 2013. Because of this, they fall under old law status.
Some families, like ours, started the process and entered IBESR after November, 15 but before Haiti joined the Hauge conference on April 1st, 2014. This second set of transition cases are 'new law, non-Hauge'.
All charts entering the system after April 1st, 2014 need to be Hauge compliant.
As you can imagine having many cases that fall under different laws and different requirements add many layers of complexity to an already complicated and long process.
The workers reportedly are 'perplexed' and not moving many transition cases out of IBESR.
Please join us in prayer:
- for IBESR workers and the other steps to be able to keep the different requirements straight for the different types of cases and work in a timely, competent manner.
- for the old law cases to move ahead and finally get to bring their children home.
- for the new law/non-Haugue to also move forward. Praying for F to be able to come home.
- for the USA visa process and passports to also be working through cases without long delays
- for the new families just starting the process waiting behind the transition cases.
- for all the children needing loving families who continue to wait in orphanages.
- for the children who can't enter orphanages because there is no room.
- for the added expense to the orphanages who continue to care for children for years due to the protracted length of the adoption process.
- for the extra expenses for the adoption families who need to update paperwork expiring because of the long process.