Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Praising the Lord of miracles.

This morning we headed out before sunrise to visit a church that starts early so that their pastor can rapidly leave after service because he covers two churches, about one hour apart.

 A poorer church, the people met under a tin roof but the worship touched me.

Pastor Mano preached on Psalm 114. He referred back to the spies going into the promise land; ten returned discouraged but two stood on the Lord's promise. Numbers 14: 9 "Only do not rebel against the Lord. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the Lord is with us. Do not be afraid of them"

I will continue to praise the Lord for this adoption journey.  I will refocus my hopes and thoughts on the Lord when my feelings overwhelm me, and I start to focus on the problems and obstacles in our path.

We serve a God of miracles. Psalm 114 reminds us that the Lord parted the Red Sea and the Jordan. He makes the mountains, and hills skip. I thought of the mountains of adoption paperwork sitting in the IBESR office in Port-au-Prince.

I picture those charts moving to the exit desk!

Pastor reminded us that the Father God we serve is Powerful and Faithful. He hears us. He will act.

I do not know if our chart will exit IBESR before Christmas. We earnestly pray that it will so that we can enter the adoption courts. Nevertheless, if it does not happen, still we will praise Him.  

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for a Christmas miracle! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete